There are five tips you need to keep in mind if you want your home looking its best once you put it on the market.
Here are five tips that will have your home looking its best once it’s time to put it on the market:
1. Declutter. I know this sounds like a challenge, but the less stuff you have to move, the better off you’ll be. At the same time, this gives buyers a better chance to see what the house has to offer.
2. Have extra light bulbs available. You want to have all your lights on during showings and have your home look as bright as possible, so make sure you have extra light bulbs for all your lamps and other lighting fixtures.
You want to have all your lights on during showings and have your home look as bright as possible.
3. Deep clean the entire house. You’d be amazed at the things we don’t think about when it comes to cleaning, so scrub every nook and cranny. The cleaner your home is, the better it will show.
4. Make an appointment with a handyman. If you have certain tasks you don’t like doing (e.g., fixing a faulty appliance), you can always have a handyman take care of them for you.
5. Paint. A fresh coat of paint really lightens things up and makes your home look nice and clean. Make sure you stick to neutral colors like beige, gray, or white. Just like with decluttering, this gives buyers a better chance at imagining what they can do with your home’s space.
If you have any more questions about preparing your home for the market or you have any other real estate needs, don’t hesitate to reach out to me. I’d be happy to help you.